This modern Book of Light and Shadows is the result of years of information gathered, distilled, and presented here for one sole purpose: to increase your knowledge.
That does not mean that the information presented is 100% accurate; much of what is published here is opinion, or based on personal experience. We believe, moreover, that the Mysteries must be experienced before they can be understood. Nothing we can share, no book — no matter how well written — will take the place of your own personal experience. Take what we offer, test it, make your own observations, and keep what works.
The Lord and Lady gave you a brain, never leave it at the door when being given new knowledge.
Regarding copyright and the texts found at this site:
Many of the files in our Book of Light and Shadows are in the public domain in the United States. This is because they were originally printed in the US and:
- Their copyright has expired normally (they were published in or prior to 1922), or
- They were published between 1923 and 1964 (inclusive) and the copyright was not renewed
Public domain files from this site can be used for any purposes. You may:
- Download, print and make copies of them for personal purposes
- Email them to a friend
- Use them for your class or study group
- Link your website to them
- Post copies of them on your website
- Embed the copy in a frame at your website
- Use them in a paper for school
- Quote them in part or entirety in print: in a book, magazine, etc.
- Create derivative works: edited versions, anthologies, software products which use quotes from them, etc.
- Translate them into other languages
- etc. etc. etc.
without asking anyone (including us) for permission. In fact, we encourage these activities. It is considered good etiquette (but is not absolutely required) to identify us as the source of the file. Therefore we request that you leave any notices of attribution in the file intact, and add a link to our Book if possible.
Some texts are copyrighted but released by their copyright holders for non-commercial use. Most of these files also have stipulations that the file must be distributed in their entirety and intact, including any copyright and usage messages.
In other cases the file may be copyrighted and posted in error. If this is the case, and you are the copyright holder, please contact us and we will promptly remove it.
Some files are copyrighted because they are original material produced especially for the JaguarMoon Book of Light and Shadows. This includes index files and any of the descriptive material. These files, graphics and text may not be reproduced in any form without the permission of the copyright holder, Lisa Mc Sherry (aka Maat). These files will have explicit copyright notices.
(My thanks to J.B. Hare for assistance with this text.)